Heard about the latest trend for nail polish that reigns in beauty salons nowadays called semi-permanent enamel? Well, if not yet, this is the best time to learn about it and why would you want to give it a try in adding beauty on your nails.
Fake nails or the so-called ‘nail extensions’ have been trendy. However, recently, its popularity has decreased because of the latest nail trends that show the natural beauty and embraced by most women.
Women have started to look for some good alternatives that have the same long-lasting effect as that of nail extensions. Semipermanentes is one of the best and most suitable solutions for this desire which has started to be popular because of its natural and long-lasting effect.
Semi-permanent Nails and Semi-permanent Enamel
Most of you would ask what semi-permanent nails are. Semi-permanent nails are the creative results of beautifying them with a type of a long-lasting enamel that would last for up to 2-3 weeks without chipping while it remains glossy and shiny. This type of enamel can be applied on your natural nails like a regular polish. Its vast difference with the classic polish is that these are long-lasting, not easily damaged, and the application process isn’t as simple as the classic one.
How is it being done on nails?
Here are the necessary steps:
- Clean and shape the nail using a file. Then, remove and push the cuticles back.
- Once prepared, apply a thin layer of the base coat and dry it in a UV or LED lamp. The base coat should be appropriately applied on nails as this may be the cause of your nail enamel damage.
- Apply the first layer of the desired colour, and dry it in the lamp. Apply the second layer and do the same process as with the first layer.
Note: For step 2 and 3, always remember not to touch the cuticle as it will affect the durability of the enamel
- For the finishing, apply the topcoat to seal and protect the nails.
- Clean the surface of the nails.
How long would this last?
Two to three weeks are almost guaranteed. However, it would depend on the following that you should consider.
- How fast your nails grow.
- Your daily lifestyle – the things you do with your hands most of the time.
- The quality of your nails – some people have a harder and stronger nails, some don’t have.
If you’re that kind who loves well-groomed fingernails, but with a lesser time to maintain and keeping them elegant and beautiful, this one is the best fit for you.
With this new nail care trend, not having enough time on yourself, especially your hands won’t be the reason why you can’t keep your nails look great.